Monday 12 August 2013

Real Techniques Starter Set Review ♥

I bought these from ~this~ seller on Amazon. - £16.49
I have been using these brushes for a few months now and I think it's about time I typed up a review about how amazing they are!
 I am pretty sure all of you have heard of these brushes unless you have been living on the moon or something..? They are designed by Samantha Chapman, who some of you may know from YouTube(pixiwoo) and/or from pixiwoo.com
They are honestly the best brushes I have ever used! They are SO soft and fluffy on your eyelids, they pick up eye shadow really nicely and they blend out product so effortlessly! They have taklon bristles which is what makes them so soft and easy to use. My brushes do need a wash but they don't look too bad and I haven't felt the need to wash them as often as I have with other brushes. This is what they look like after being used every single day for about 3 months (not too bad!)
From left to right the brushes are called: 
'Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush' - "tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application" I have used this a couple of times for eyeliner although I think it is more suited for thick eyeliner application. I use it to apply eyeshadow under my bottom lashes.
'Accent Brush' - "Designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting and smudging" I also use this brush for under my eyes and/or in my tear duct area.
'Brow Brush' - "distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows" I don't fill in my eyebrows so I don't tend to use this brush for that purpose however I think it works great when I create a dark eyeshadow eyeliner look on my eyelids.
'Base Shadow Brush' - "applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color" I use this brush every day when applying a base colour on my eyelids or in my crease before I blend it out.
'Deluxe Crease Brush' - "soft, oversized design for effortless contouring" I also use this brush every day for blending and applying eyeshadow in my crease, it is so soft and works perfectly!
I can't recommend these brushes enough, if you don't have them already then you need to get them! They are so good!

SHARE:

7 comments:

  1. I've been dying to try these brushes for a while now. Everyone seems to love them!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've already got this set but i'm so tempted to buy another one cos i love it so much!

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/200-follower-giveaway-wow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the Core Collection brushes not too long ago - looking forward to getting these when I get paid. What a lovely blog you have. :)

    Chlo | www.chloodonnell.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't got many Real Techniques brushes, I've only got the expert face brush. This set will be what I purchase next from them! They look amazing!

    j4miejohnston.blogspot.co.uk

    Jamie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but I popped your badge onto my blog. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these brushes just as much as you! I've got pretty much all of the Real Techniques brushes and there's none I haven't liked yet. I've recently bought the duo fibre ones but I haven't used them yet.

    Emma | World of dilEMMA
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Owwww I want these brushes so much! They sound incredible! Next month, I'll be buying them for sure!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading what you think of my posts and my blog! If you would like to ask me anything or just want a chat, tweet me @shabbychicndtea :)! xo

Blogger Template by pipdig