Wednesday 5 February 2014

My Gel/UV Polish Collection & CCO Review & tutorial ♥


Hellooo! I really feel like I'm getting my blogging mojo back, which is so good because over the past couple of months I have been falling behind, especially after blogging so often to never at all! I guess everyone has those kinds of months at some point but now I am in my new room I feel like I need to blog more to show off how pretty it is! I hope you are enjoying my new picture backgrounds, I am still experimenting so bear with me! Anyway I hope you enjoy today's post!

When I worked in my cousins hair and beauty salon last year I was always getting my nails done with Shellac Gel nail polish, it was such a treat for my ever breaking and peeling nails. When I left the salon  to work elsewhere I missed getting my nails done all the time. I am sure I would still get them done for free but I don't want to ask and I don't want to pay £10/15 a time to get them done elsewhere, so I thought I would invest in a UV lamp from Banggood and some decent gel polishes that don't cost a bomb like the Shellac ones do. I was so happy when I came across these ones on eBay. I have purchased from this seller on 3 different occasions and I have never had any problems. My items arrive quickly and safely each time. The polish lasts on my nails for about 8/9 days which is so good for me because it gives my natural nail time to grow and strengthen. My nails don't grow very long unless they have these polishes on them!
TUTORIAL:
First I apply a uv base coat onto my natural nail (featured on the far left of the picture above) and cure under the uv lamp for about 10 seconds. I then apply a thin layer of my chosen uv colour without touching the sides of my nails/skin, as this will cause the polish to peel at the edges and come off later on, I then cure the coloured polish for 2 minutes, I repeat this step two more times to get a thick and bold colour. When I am happy with my nails I apply my top coat (featured on the far right of the picture) and cure for a further 2 minutes. When I am finished I take a small amount of nail polish remover on a cotton pad to remove the sticky residue from each of my nails. It is important you don't remove the sticky layer until the end, after you have applied your top coat as your uv polish will not set properly and will not work. A lot of people recommend you only use 99% Isopropal alcohol but I find that Acetone/nail polish remover works just as good, it leaves my nails shiny and strong!
Do you have any gel nail polishes? (: 
SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried a gel polish before but I always love how shiny they look! It's amazing that they're so long lasting too!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have any gel polishes, I have so many normal polishes - they would go to waste really if I had a gel/uv kit x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great colection! <3

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I love reading what you think of my posts and my blog! If you would like to ask me anything or just want a chat, tweet me @shabbychicndtea :)! xo

Blogger Template by pipdig